Our Footprint in Madagascar
Mining Transportation and Logistics
Unimat Logistics Madagascar’s high SHEQ (Safety Health Environment and Quality) standards puts its supply chain services apart from its competition. Unitrans Africa Madagascar is the first transporter specialized in road trains in the country and provides mining logistic services. Its expertise and innovation is dedicated to the success of its customers in order to provide a reliable and secure service while optimizing costs, reducing its impact on the environment and supporting local development.
Unimat Logistics Madagascar is present on all the production processes of the mining project from the feeding of the plant with loaders to the transport of the final product with road trains and flat decks to the port passing through the warehouse handling, the bagging or the cleaning of the plant with a diversified fleet.
Unitrans Africa’s operation in Madagascar provides transport and logistics’ services for the second biggest mining project in the country. Its local branch, UNIMAT Madagascar, is a Madagascan company that was created in 2009 in partnership with MATERAUTO, combining to provide world class services from one custom-built services company. Combining the managerial site expertise of UNITRANS AFRICA with the bespoke fleet maintenance services of the Mauritius Automotive Trading Company (Materauto), UNIMAT has been operating in Madagascar for more than 10 years. From this base, it continuously develops strong regional business partners and leverages its Southern Africa footprint to guarantee safe, reliable and innovative supply chain and mining transport engineering solutions.
UNIMAT purposefully commits to maintain safe operations at all its sites and views SHEQ as a critical part of its business. Accordingly, conformance to all SHEQ principles, policies and procedures in accordance with good corporate practice and law is non-negotiable. We have developed complete and comprehensive best-in-class SHEQ management systems that comprises policies and procedures which align with international best practice. Furthermore, comprehensive and continuous training sessions are done throughout the year to actively encourage employees and stakeholders to act in accordance with all safety policies and procedures.
Ensuring Customer Success Through
Sygrid Georget, Director of Unimat Logistics Madagascar:
“My priority is the satisfaction and the success of my customer through continuous improvement of our services – combining the best of our international group innovation and expertise with a sustainable Malagasy L.O.V.E (Leadership, Ownership, Values and Expertise).”
Partner with Unitrans in Madagascar
Bulk Handling & Mining
Road Haulage & Rail
UNIMAT contributes to various social development causes in line with the Unitrans Africa’s group policy for sustainable corporate social development. As such, and in support of this objective UNIMAT contributes to numerous social development projects in the communities wherein it operate. Over the past number of year severable contributions took place, notable inclusions being:
- Contributions and donations to COVID 19 Relief efforts in the local community.
- Participating in environmental drives aimed at reducing our carbon footprint and promoting sustainable business which includes:
- installation of batteries at depot; and
- support for Madagascar Forestation Projects;
- Contributions to the STOP HUNGER Campaigns;
- Educating local students of the opportunities of working in logistics and transportation services through work fair programmes;
- Contribution to local community building projects;
- Participating and involvement to Madagascar Chamber of Mines; and
- Supporting local community sporting initiatives such as the Rio Tinto QMM Football League.
"Helping to build economies in Africa"
Making us proud
QIT Madagascar Minerals (QMM) - Madagascar
Below is an overview of one of the current operations which include the following services:
- Handling of materials with front end loaders
- Feeding of the mineral separation plant with front end loaders
- Cleaning of the mineral separation plant with a skidsteer and TLB
- Bagging of Zirsil and Monazite
- Truck loading (bulk and containers)
- Forklift operators (warehouse and bagging)
- Transport of tailings to the mine with ADTs
- Transport of Ilmenite to the port, using 100 ton payload road trains
- Transport of Zirsil and Monazite to the port in containers
Get in touch
Fill out the form below with your query for Unitrans Madagascar and we'll be in touch soon!
In the spotlight
The story goes that road trains were invented by a certain Australian bush mechanic named
Unitrans Africa – Botswana received a welcomed message of gratitude for exceptional driving under harsh
Remarks by Managing Director, Unitrans Botswana, Brian Swift, for COVID-19 Relief Fund Donation Ceremony –
PUMA BOTSWANA: FUEL TRANSPORT CONTRACT Unitrans Botswana secured a significant long term fuel transport contract
Global Fleet Champions Award Celebrates Safe and Healthy Mobility in Fleets A road haulage operator
Unitrans Botswana successfully held a Road Safety Day at Bokamoso Junior Secondary School on the